Byond Natural Beauty Bar

BYOND NATURAL BEAUTY BAR OPENING AT 502 GRAYSON PARKWAY, GRAYSON, GA - APRIL 29, 2013. CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT! AMPLE PARKING.

We're excited to announce we are opening our first Beauty Bar for all your natural beauty needs. Byond Natural is an all natural hair, skin and nail studio using only high quality, natural, organic and holistic products in servicing our clients. Schedule your appointment today! 470-246-5794 or email at byondnatural@gmail.com

Monday, September 14, 2009

Life more abundantly!

Over the past four years I've learned alot about myself.  Most importantly, how I treat myself.  I'm a wife (and every now and then "sexy' wife:), mother, business owner, PTA officer, church volunteer and friend.  Seems pretty managable..........but my life had been managing me, so it was exhausting.

I'm a helper at heart.  I enjoy helping others and watching them succeed.  I also enjoy cooking and feeding my friends and family when I can.  If I could just entertain and cook for a living I'd be set. LOL!!  I developed a bad habit of not knowing when to say no.  So I trained those around me that I'm always available, always able and always willing.  Problem is none of that is true.  I was overextending myself and sometimes for people that didn't appreciate it. 

So what did I do to change how I was operating?  I started to manage my time more wisely.  Before my head leaves the pillow I thank God for another day for me and my family, then I spend 20 minutes with Him before doing anything.  That's my time for prayer, Bible study, reflection.  This change in the start of my day has made a world of difference about how I value my time.  I manage my client schedule in a way that allows me to spend the time I desire with my children and gives me the opportunity to volunteer at their schools.  Creating a legacy for my family became priority, not just taking as many clients as possible.  I have a date night with my wonderful husband once a week - just me and him doing whatever we want.  I purchased a dry erase calendar, put it on my frig and fill it in with my families activities for the month so I don't over schedule any of us.  I make time to do "nothing", whatever my nothing is I plan to do it.

Now that I take time for myself, I finally have a chance to listen to my body, notice things I had glanced at but never paid attention to.  I listen to my husband and children and make an effort to ensure that I actually hear them.  I perceive what's important differently and I value the small details that make a big difference.  I changed my business to ensure it matched up with what I value, I'm facilitating healing with my clients.  I talk to them, learn about their lifestyles, family, issues, etc. (You'd be amazed that 90% of scalp problems have nothing to do with the scalp itself - marriage problems, worrying about children, financial difficulties, job stress, poor nutrition - its so not about what it looks like, so my discernment has heightened.)  I give my time and make concessions of my time for those that I know truly do value me, my family and my time.  I make my home a peaceful, restful place for my family and I don't allow drama, people or otherwise, into our home.  If I find that when in the presense of an individual, I'm drained when we part ways, I don't spend my personal time with that person.  If being in someones presense is work, its not enjoyable.  I love being around positive people and I enjoy being around people that I learn from, that add to me as a person.

When I started to re-evaluate how I treated myself and the outcome I was getting when I treated myself well, I truly began to live life more abundantly.  My money hasn't changed, some of my circumstances didn't change, but my perspective did.

Blessings,

Natural by Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment